Wednesday, September 24, 2014

I Had A Dream . . .

So I had a dream last night. 
Aaron Rodgers asked me to go to prom with him.
By text.


I mean clearly, 
without even knowing anything about me or the Green Bay Packers or Aaron Rodgers, 
on its face this dream is like all sorts of crazy. 

And then when you learn I am an almost-thirty-four year old whose fifteen year high school class reunion should have happened over the summer but for the fact our once-upon-a-time class president is likely still too busy puffing the magic dragon to coordinate anything so it never happened, which after a long run-on sentence just means that my opportunity to attend a prom expired well over a decade ago . . .
and you figure out I am married and unfortunately am legally bound to a man who is not Aaron Rodgers,
and I have a two and half-year old who sadly was not fathered by said aforementioned quarterback,
and oh yeah, I have never met Aaron Rodgers let alone exchanged phone numbers with,
the amount of crazy this dream represents pretty much goes through the roof.

But I feel like this post is a good way to introduce you all to me and say, 
"Hey. I hope we can be virtual online friends." 
Because I'm all sorts of crazy on a regular basis,
but I embrace it.
And if you can embrace it too than this relationship is going to work swimmingly.

You can only guess what I imagine he's suggesting to me personally in this picture...

So back in the day, when I was in law school, I started a blog and had never done it before but quickly fell in love.

I absolutely love to write. 
And although I am a real-life grammar snob, I don't carry over my penchant for cringing at poorly crafted sentences or misplaced commas to my blog.

I write whatever I feel like writing, 
in a total stream-of-conscious, run-on sentence style. 

I also loved, so very much loved, the virtual community I became a part of.
To this day, I have a circle of "friends" I have never met IRL but who I know better than I know some of the people I interact with on a daily basis.
They mail birthday cards and little goodies for my daughter and send sweet texts . . .
and it is out-of-this-world-amazing.

When I started practicing law, I was "encouraged" to get rid of my blog,
which I did so reluctantly. 
And I have regretted it ever since.

It was so much a part of me and giving it up left a little broken hole in me.

So given what went down with the demise of the old blog,
there's an element of secrecy with this new venture . . .
so you can just call me She Who Must Not Be Named, or SWMNBN for short,
because who doesn't love a good acronym?
And more so, who doesn't appreciate the Harry Potter reference?!?

My BFF/soul mate/partner in crime, LakeGirl, is going to contribute too . . .
because really, whenever the two of us doing anything together,
it's ridiculous and epic and magical so the blog will just be better if it's ours and not mine.


So back to my dream.

I was at a Packers game in one of the fancy schmancy skyboxes, 
and I had on a strapless emerald green dress with gold piping.
WTF? 
That would never happen, I look awful in strapless dresses,
but moving on . . .

So hubs, and yes, I refer to Aaron Rodgers as hubs, try and keep up.
So hubs texts me, during the game . . .
clearly the defense must have been on the field,
and the following text exchange goes down:

12: Nice dress. 
Virtual SWMNBN: Really? I didn't think much of it.
12: Colors are perfect.

(pause, while I take notice of my dress)

Virtual SWMNBN: Huh. I didn't even realize it was green and gold.
12: So you wanna to go to prom with me?
Virtual SWMNBN: Are we getting a hotel room after?
12: Sure. I'll pay.
Virtual SWMNBN: K. That'll work.

Bwhahahaha.
I actually woke up laughing at myself.

I also decided to psycho-analyze this crackpot dream as I was laughing at myself and concluded the following:

1) Prom was involved because I had been watching Season 4 of the Vampire Diaries before falling asleep (yup, I heart pretty much anything having to do with vampires) and Elena had stolen Caroline's dress and Matt and Bonnie were crowned king and queen, and Tyler sneaked back despite Klaus wanting to eat him alive, so prom was on my mind . . .
2) Really nothing else because this is just bananas.

Okay, then. I should get back to work . . .

1 comment: