Thursday, October 2, 2014

Sweet October

Yesterday got away from me . . .

but know this.


In my humble opinion, there is no month in the year more glorious than sweet October.

I also love Halloween and as a result, 
my daughter has been subjected to what I've lovingly deemed "Octoberpalooza."

Beginning October 1st and until the stroke of midnight on All Hallow's Eve, 
I dress her in Halloween-inspired attire from head to toe,
Every. Single. Day.

This year, I upped the crazy and have insisted that the Tiny Human's jammies also be donned with skulls or skeletons or witchy-like monsters consuming copious amounts of candy. 

It's all sorts of over-the-top and admittedly nuts,
which makes me love that we do this even more.

I was sort of worried that the Tiny Human would protest this year . . .
so I preempted the anticipated resistance by taking everything totally out of her closet,
 leaving only the Halloween Octoberpalooza approved items behind.

That way, when she demands to dress herself,
she'll dress appropriately.

Genius.


To my extreme delight, though, the Tiny Human actually seemed legit excited about the madness,
and was genuinely giddy about revamping her closet on Monday night.

She woke up earlier than usual on October 1st,
before I had to leave for work, 
and the first words out of her mouth were, 
"I wear Haw-wo-ween shirt today."


Done. And. Done.

1 comment: