Wednesday, January 21, 2015

(Faux) Fashion Files

Let's start a new fun game.

We shall call it the (Faux) Fashion Files,
where I pretend I'm a fashion blogger . . . 

(stop laughing)

even though at best I'm a total wannabe.

I used to love reading fashion blogs . . .
 I actually still do but I also recognize I have absolutely no little self-control and sometimes it's best just not to tempt oneself.

Cute outfits . . . out of sight, out of mind.
It's easier to carry on in one's sweatpants and oversized hoodie if I don't know the options exist for looking something other than hobo-ish. 

But in all honesty,
I LOVE clothes and I love shopping.
I just get lazy the minute I get home from work.
I'm trying to work on that in 2015 . . .
but I have low expectations for myself.

I'm calling this (Faux) Fashion Files because I also don't have the budget the legit fashion bloggers do,
so  it's like knock-off fashion.
You won't be seeing any Louboutins around here.

Although I wish I did,
I don't have the innate ability to be cute or trendy or hip or any of that either.
BUT, 
I love Pinterest and am a master copycatter of others adorable ensembles.

The days I do throw together something marginally fashionable,
full disclosure be made it's because I stole the idea from Pinterest.

So let us begin.


I have been super obsessed with all things Navy lately.
And leopard.

I enjoy pairing leopard with everything truth be told, 
whether it's acceptable to do so or not.

Cardigan- Limited
Lace peek-a-boo tank- Limited
Maxi skirt- Limited
Shoes- Dr. Scholls viz DSW (hahah, sooooo not Louboutins)

If I continue this little post series,
you will quickly note a trend.

Almost everything I own is from the Limited. 
And most of it is vintage . . .
and by vintage I really just mean old.
But vintage sounds better.

Oh and to prove how fashionable I am?
That watch?

"Vintage" Target . . . it doesn't even show the right time,
but I can't figure out how to get the little do-dad on the side pulled out so I can wind it up and fix that.
It also gives me a horrible rash on my wrist but I still wear it.
Because I think it looks cute,
and the girls in the Pinterest pins I like always have chunky watches on.
Granted, theirs are Michael Kors or Burberry . . .
My watch was $10 and is likely made of lead and a blend of other cheap metals that will eat through your skin before turning what remains a lovely shade of green.
But again. It looks cute.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for your sweet comments and I'm glad to see you are blogging again, I've missed your blog. Excited to follow along again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no fashion sense whatsoever. I'll see something pretty at the store and buy it. Get home and decide that I actually hate the outfit and wonder what drug I could possibly have been on when I bought it. I have to dress up twice a week for my internship which has been a struggle. I don't really have the wardrobe to dress up, and I don't know what looks good on me. When I get dressed in the morning, I'll think I look fabu. Then I get to my internship and feel like I must have dressed in the dark or something. I wish I had a fashion adviser to pick out my clothes every day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that photo is great, love how you stood on the chair and took it in your office. Now that's true fashion blogging! :) It's hard when home not to just put on comfy clothes. Winter is worse than summer as there are just too many layers required to keep warm. And it's easier to get warm in sweats. My pajama collection is starting to becomefancier than my actual clothes. ha

    ReplyDelete