Wednesday, June 24, 2015

The Blue Lagoon

Truth.


So this morning, I decided to take matters into my own hands and enter the magical world of all things mermaid.

May I present to you the Blue Lagoon . . .



Claire turned me on to the whole mermaid bath idea,
and God love her for it.

I started my bath with a Big Blue bath bomb,
and once Big Blue had done its thing,
I crushed up about one-half of a Sunnyside bubble bar and let the magic begin.


A picture just does not do it justice.

The magical melding of the seaweed and swirls of golden glitter and the perfect teal of the water was beautifully mesmerizing. 

I tried to take a little video of it because to truly appreciate the mermaid bath,
you have to be able to see the swirling spirals of gold and the seaweed,
simply suspended somewhere in a deep expanse of blue and teal.



Probably the most beautiful Lush bath I have had yet.

And the smell was equally gratifying,
albeit totally out of what has become my Lush wheelhouse.

Big Blue smelled fresh and slightly Earthy, although subtlety so.
Claire likened Big Blue with the Ocean,
and I don't know that I would disagree with that.

It's just that I couldn't quite find the words to take what I was smelling and experiencing and make it cognizable. 

Sunnyside was citrusy,
but not as zingy or in-your-face citrusy as say Calacas or other products in the citrus family.

When you combine Big Blue and Sunnyside,
I felt like it was just a very soothing, calming bath.

I can't describe it any other way than complex and yet subtle.
No one scent stood out and although I can't seem to find a way to describe it,
that's not because the bath was nondescript.

It was perfect, actually.


Because I just can't get enough, I decided to shower after my bath as well,
and felt called to the bold blue tub of Rub Rub Rub I just added to my collection.


Rub Rub Rub is a beautiful thing.

Thick and coarse, 
while simultaneously soothing and creamy.

RRR has a hint of lemon while also boasting a tropical mimosa scent.
To me, it's divine.


I couldn't stay away from my penchant for all things fruity and sweet,
so I ended my glorious morning of Lush with Celebrate lotion.

I swear,
in my Heaven, 
there will be pots and pots of Celebrate. 

Perhaps the only thing more delicious than the sweet time I took lathering up every inch of my body with Celebrate was the Bubblegum scrub I patted on my pouter.


Ummm. Yummm.

So I followed the instructions,
rubbed some scrub on my lips,
and then weirdly licked myself for the next few minutes.

Don't knock it until you've tried it.

2 comments:

  1. I am giggling at my computer because every time I see a picture there is another shower gel added to the mix LOLOLOL . . . love how you've fallen off the deep end into full lushie-dom. And you're right--I've tried to capture the mermaid bath with a picture and it's just so hard. It's so beautiful!!!!!!! Happy you got to be a mermaid this morning. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's all so pretty! Can't wait until I can try this, if Aunt Flo will ever go away.

    ReplyDelete