Tuesday, August 18, 2015

I've Been Busy Stuffing All of My Lush Into Little Poly Bags

So the Lush addiction includes more than actual Lush product.
(my wallet screams in pain and protest)

I have recently been turned on to the phenomena of polypropylene bags.
What is this, you ask?

Fuck if I really know . . .
The chatter on the Black Market is that these "poly bags" protect your bombs, soaps, melts, etc.,
and preserve their scent so the scent doesn't evaporate or transfer to other products.
Again, word on the street is that plain Jane ziploc bags don't pass muster,
and saran wrap is like a hug from the devil.

In all actuality, I'm suspicious that these bags are just another thing to feed us junkies,
and yet I bought a mass-quantity supply of them,
so in the end I totally drank the Kool-Aid.


Oh and after the Kool-Aid settled,
I spent HOURS organizing my stash and stuffing shit into these little bags of wonder.

Since I am sure you are oh-so-intrigued and curious,
the blue bin is bubble bars;
the chevron bin is bath melts and oils;
the clear bin is soap and FUN;
the pink bins are bombs.

Clearly,
I don't have enough stuff,
 so I placed a US order and was greeted by this haul in the mail the other day . . .


I was curious about Lush makeup and my first foray into this part of the Lush world is the Perspective liquid lipstick.

The consistency is odd- almost grainy- but I enjoy the color.

And the Volcano foot mask smells a bit like wormy mud,
and doesn't look much better,
but it works wonder . . .


I especially recommend pairing it with a night in bed watching Pitch Perfect.
And an audience full of My Little Pony Equestria girls of course.

So don't let my Lush USA order lead you to believe I've abandoned the kitchen.

I have not.
Exhibit A.


I am loving, loving, loving Ice Blue shampoo,
so I stockpiled.

And Slammer?!?!
Oh my stars,
it's like a giant Strawberry margarita in a bottle.
I actually worry I may take a swig of it while showering . . .


Oh. And Supernova.


Annnnnd... Lush Lime,
which Claire kindly ordered for me last night.

There's no way I have a problem.


Although I scored this gem the other day as my subconscious has clearly accepted that I will be able to afford only Ramen noodles for my food source pretty soon if I keep this Lush looting up.

Aside from the 8,000 grams of sodium, Ramen ain't that bad, right?!?
So let the Lush continue.


I tried my first Sparkler bath the other night . . .
and after ignoring one of my partner's comments that it resembled some sort of inappropriate adult pleasure toy,
I got him to admit that the bath effects it produced were quite lovely.


And just to clear things up,
he wasn't in the tub with me.
I make everyone at work ooh and ahh at all of my pictures because the only thing better than actually living a Lush life is talking about Lush.
Incessantly.


Sparkler water was orangey-gold and full of sparkles and glitter.
Fitting, right?

The bit of a downside was the aftermath.


Holy glitter trail, Batman!
Fortunately, I didn't have to scrub much to clean this fairy dust off of my tub.
But it wouldn't rinse away with just water;
a little elbow grease was necessary.


After my Sparkler bath,
I had a hankering for all things sunny, orange and citrusy.

So I turned to my lone Yoga Bomb.


Oh the sweetness.

I acquired this bomb, which is an Oxford exclusive, from a secret Informant/Supplier who actually trekked to the Oxford store for me and then swam the English Channel to bring this bomb stateside.

Ok the part about swimming the English Channel is total crap,
but the rest is legit!

I was sooooo excited to try this bomb!


And it lived up to the hype.

Yoga release mostly mind-blowing and bright bursts of orange and gold,
but there were also subtle swirls of teal, purple and white.

It smelled slightly of citrus with a bit of sandalwood.
The entire bath was a relaxing oasis of sensual sights and pleasing aromas.
I would love to get my hands on more of these little beauties.

On a less wowing note was my bath this morning.


I combined a You've Been Mangoed melt,
which by the way was literally a melt.

My house is sans air-conditioning and it appears that bath melts don't appreciate temps nearing a hundred degrees.

Anyway, the melty melt combined with a Lil' Lush Pud bomb,
which as you may have guessed from the holly was a past Christmas bomb.

This is another Black Market acquisition,
but I snagged it because I had heard it smelled like Snowcake,
which is one of my most loved scents.

And it did. So that was a good thing.
But other than that it was quite boring.

It didn't fizz or spurt or do much of anything for long,
and the water I was left with was sort of creamy and brownish.

So the show was lame but my skin is smooth as silk right now,
so I suppose the two are a wash and leave me happy with this little bath cocktail.

2 comments:

  1. How do you not have air conditioning? Eek!!!

    I love how you have everything categorized and put away. That is so something I would do.

    I was looking at my gold stuff you sent and thinking I really need to try that here pretty soon. I've been admiring it because I like how gold it truly is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited for a new blog post!!!
    Ahhhhh I love sparkler--paired with rose jam bubbleroon, it's perfection!!!
    Very happy we can get yoga bombs from the UK whenever we want now. 👌🏼
    I've never tried lush pud because other than snow angel, snowcake isn't my favorite. But when Christmas comes around you must try luxury lush pud!!! It shares a scent with twilight and is one of the most colorful, beautiful bombs lush makes.

    ReplyDelete